Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 140 - Poppy Seed Chicken

Poppy Seed Chicken, Rice, Broccoli, Red Plum

Poppy seed chicken is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.  It's terrible for you, but SO so good.  It's a classic southern recipe, and I add a little cheese to jazz it up.  I made some last night, and had the leftovers for lunch today...which I enjoyed thoroughly.  Paired it with white rice, broccoli,  and a red plum for lunch today.  Dangerously delicious!

For you chia seed users out there, this is a great recipe for adding chia gel - blends right in!  Of course, there's enough processed food in here that my chia gel friends will scoff, but still...so tasty!



Poppyseed Chicken

2 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 T poppy seeds
1 sleeve butter crackers (I use Ritz)
salt and pepper to taste

In a well greased 9x9 baking dish, place chicken breasts - you may leave them whole, cut them both in half, or chop them into bite sized pieces.  In a separate bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, cheese, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper.  Spread soup mixture over chicken.  Crush crackers and spread on top of soup mixture.  Bake at 350F for 1 hour.  Let rest at least 10 minutes before serving over rice and broccoli.

Above image is of a 8x11 baking dish.  Anything smaller than 9x13 usually works; however, doubling the recipe fits beautifully in a 9x13.



Pssst...If you don't want to wait until Monday to get more yummy recipes and meal inspirations, you can check out my Lunch Ideas Pinterest page, which I update daily.  And if that's not enough, you could follow my general food board, Things I'd Like to Cook, on Pinterest as well.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment