Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 134 - Baked Tilapia and Summer Slaw

Baked Tilapia, Summer Slaw, Pinto Beans, Fiesta Rice

Remember yesterday when I said I was missing summer produce?  Well, I decided to cheat a little and make a meal that I normally save for summer.  I made up some fish tacos last night with rice, beans, and a tasty Summer Slaw.  For lunch today, I decided not to go with tacos and instead a whole piece of baked tilapia over a bed of slaw, with rice and beans on the side.  Then, after taking the picture, I realized that was crazy talk and I couldn't microwave slaw with the rest of it.  So I scooped out the slaw into a seperate container, and added it back in once everything else was microwaved.

This slaw is great with fish, tacos, and anything that's light and summery.  Lots of good flavor, just enough mayo to make it creamy, and great color.

Summer Slaw

1 Belgian endive
1 head radicchio
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T mayonnaise
1 T lime juice
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Chop endive and radicchio finely, discarding ends.  In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.  Pour dressing over radicchio and endive, tossing together until well mixed.  Chill for at least an hour, and serve cold.    Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment