Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 3 - Tools of the Trade

Watermelon, Cucumbers, Wheat Pita with Hummus, Avocado

I love watermelon.  Ohhhhhh how I love watermelon!  I like it even in the middle of the winter when it's "bad"...it's still good to me.  In the summer, I can't not buy it every time I go through the store.  I had lots extra from the weekend that was about to go bad, so I decided to just eat all of it for lunch.

Best.  Lunch.  Ever.

I also included some wheat pita filled with hummus as well as an avocado half.  I took a picture of it all pretty and nice, but then I cling wrapped the heck out of the avocado to keep it from browning.  Topped it off with some cucumber, and it was a pretty good lunch.  Very cooling on a day where the high was "down" at 93.  Yeah.

You may be wondering why on earth I keep putting my lunch in the same container.  That's because I primarily use the EasyLunchBox system.

EasyLunchBox System
One unit consists of four containers with lids as well as a cooler that you can buy separately.  I got mine on Amazon, and it really wasn't all too expensive.  I use other containers at other times, but this one is by far my favorite.  I like it because it has enough room for more than enough for food and the carrying cooler can hold either three containers at once or one container plus all of my diet-coke-napkin-fork-thermos-yogurt-whatever accessories that I throw in.  Each container has three compartments, which allows me to mentally tell myself "ok, at least two of these need to be only fruit and veggies - no extra junk food!"  Honestly, it's just easy and well made.  Does well in the dishwasher, too.

There are lots of blogs and sites you can follow to get ideas for how to pack these containers.  LOTS of cute ideas for kids that involve fun shapes and colors, fewer for adult meals.  And if you run out of ideas, there's always Pinterest. :)

It should be noted that I'm in no way associated with the company that makes these, nor am I financially profiting from writing about them.  I just like their product, a lot. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment