Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 2 - Reusing Ingredients

Sandwich with Avocado, Tomato, and Goat Cheese, Hard Boiled Eggs, Rainier Cherries

Today's lunch consists of an sandwich with toasted multigrain bread, goat chevre, avocados, and tomatoes.

"But wait a minute!" you say.  "You had avocados and grape tomatoes yesterday!!"  Yes, yes I did.  Because I shop one day on the weekend, sometimes quickly during the week, and that's about it.  I shop with one list, which means some crossover.  And usually, I'm cooking either for just myself or me and a friend.  In other words, there is no way I can go through an entire container of tomatoes in one meal.  So, a lot of these meals will have repeat ingredients throughout the week - I like to think of it as a creative challenge!

I had some avocado and tomato left over.  I chopped up a little less than a half of an avocado, tossed it in lemon juice, and layered it over some goat cheese with chopped tomato.  If you want to do this yourself, be sure to spread the cheese on either cool bread or cooled toast...if you were to spread it on warm toast, the cheese would get all melty, which is super delicious but not super convenient for carrying to work.  You could serve it open faced (shown here) or with another slice of bread on top.  And, if you just can't stand to eat vegetarian, or you're not watching your weight, add bacon.  Mmmmmm, bacon.  Either way, if you're going open faced I'd recommend a knife and fork at work.  Or you could eat it standing in your bathrobe over the sink if it's a Saturday and you're running late...not that I have ever, EVER done that.

Added a boiled egg for protein and some pitted Rainier cherries because they are the most delicious thing on earth. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment