Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 98 - Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette


Started off 2013 with a big delicious salad yesterday, and packed the leftovers for lunch today!  Salad greens (yeah, I know they're not dark green, but they were on sale for a dollar.  A DOLLAR), carrots, radishes, red bell pepper, tomato, almonds, and feta cheese are all mixed together in the main compartment, accompanied by two medium sized boiled eggs and Nut-Thins.



Have you had Nut-Thins?  They're basically rice crackers with a little nut flour, and they come in a variety of flavors.  They're not flaking or crumbly like flour crackers, and they're super crunchy...almost like a compact rice cake.  Not too much healthier than a cracker, but they pack a lot more flavor and have a little more protein.

What made the salad today was just a little bit of homemade dressing.  This one is an old faithful for me, and you probably have all of the ingredients at home!

Dijon Vinaigrette

4 T Olive Oil
2 T Dijon Mustard
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 t dried parsley
1/2 t sugar

Blend all ingredients together with an immersion blender.  If you don't have one, then just whisk or shake the ingredients together in a jar with a closed lid.  The blender makes it look creamy, as above, but it tastes just as good whisked or shaken!  Makes about 1/3 cup of dressing. 

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to find your blog (via Kelly Lester Easy Lunchboxes). Your lunches look like my lunches and I love the Almond Thins, I just found those last month. I'm subscribing, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for subscribing! Glad you're enjoying the posts - if you have any requests of things you'd like to see, please let me know and I'll see what I can work up in the next few months!

      Delete