Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 204 - Fourth of July Leftovers

Pigs in a Blanket, Orange, Bell Pepper Strips, Carrot Sticks

 Happy Friday!  And Happy (late) Fourth of July!  I had some delicious pigs in a blanket for the Fourth yesterday, and so I packed the leftovers for lunch today with half an orange, some bell pepper strips, and carrot sticks.  I wish I had packed some ranch for the vegetables, but it was probably healthier without it!

I think pigs in a blanket are a totally underrated food.  I made mine with turkey hotdogs, reduced fat crescent rolls, and about a teaspoon of dijon mustard rolled into each little blanket.  I baked mine, but I love these roasted over a fire - great for cookouts!  I've even seen them done on the grill, although I'm always worried that the heat is too high for the crescent roll dough.  But, you could try it, and let me know how it goes!

Need more lunch inspiration?  You should check out my Lunch Ideas Pinterest page over the weekend! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment