Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 29 - More Trader Joe's Goodness

Trader Joe's Tarte d'Alsace, cucumbers, orange slices.
Woohoo, in the office for Labor Day!  Anyone else working today?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

At least I get an extra day off for working today. :)

Anyway, lunch was leftovers from last night - probably my all time favorite product from Trader Joe's.  It's called a Tarte d'Alsace, and it's the most delicious frozen thing I've ever had.  It's raw pastry with what I *think* is bechemel sauce, Gruyere, ham, and caramelized onions.  You bake it for 10 measly minutes and it's awesome.  It's crispy and sweet and salty and just a little chewy.

I didn't quite make a full grocery trip this weekend, so I just pulled this out of the freezer and enjoyed the heck out of it with a mixed green salad.  Had it with some cucumbers and oranges for lunch today, and it was super easy and delightful.

For those of you who don't have a Trader Joe's in town, I'm so sorry.  It's worth a trip when you're in a larger city.  For  me, though, I enjoy it every time I'm too lazy to cook something on my own. :)  I should cook something good tonight...
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment