Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 177 - Sometimes, You Just Do the Best You Can

Poppy Seed Chicken over Rice, Navel Orange

I ended up working today - had to cover a shift at the hospital for someone at the last minute.  Which, of course, meant that I had to pull together some dinner in a hurry to bring to work.  And so, I grabbed my leftover Poppy Seed Chicken from last night and an orange, tossed in a Diet Coke, swiped on some mascara and got to work in a hurry.  And so, friends, above you see my very unglamorous, but delicious lunch. 

I considered not including it, because it wasn't very planned out or fancy.  And you've seen this recipe before.  But then I thought "You know, sometimes, you just do the best you can.  The last thing I want for this blog is to represent some illusion that every meal should be planned out.  Sometimes, life happens, and sometimes when life happens you fall short of your plan.  It's not the end of the world."

I see all these beautiful lunches that people make, especially for their children, and I appreciate all of the love and creativity that gets put into those projects.  At the same time, though, I appreciate others who just pull lunches together with a lick and a promise because they need to spend more time helping their kids with homework, or doing something nice for themselves, or covering a work shift for a friend.  Life happens.  And so, I've added this lunch to the "life happens" file, because I want to be clear that I make lunches because I enjoy them, not because I have to, and not because I don't sometimes run out of time. :) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment