Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 183 - Crispy Baked Cod


Crispy Baked Cod, Lima Beans, Rice Pilaf
This is one of the easiest recipes ever.  I've been trying to get over my dislike for frozen fish.  I grew up in an area where fresh fish was plentiful, and find myself now in a city where the "fresh" fish is literally described as "fresh (frozen)."  Seriously?

But fish is so good for you, and I love it so much, that I've been experimenting with frozen fish.  This isn't as good as fresh, but it's pretty darn good and so easy.  I made some last night and packed the leftovers for lunch today with some lima beans and rice pilaf.

Not my greatest recipe, but a good one nonetheless.  You can use either fresh or frozen, whatever you have on hand.

Crispy Baked Cod

2 six ounce filets of cod (thawed, if frozen)
6 oz. fat free, plain greek yogurt
1 T lemon juice
1 t hot sauce
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon, and hot sauce.  Spread over fish filets and place in a shallow dish.  Wrap well with cling wrap and marinate, refrigerated, for at least four hours.  When ready to bake, shake off excess marinade from fish and roll in bread crumbs.  Place both pieces of fish on a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes.  Serve hot. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment