Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 180 - Tuna Noodle Bake

Tuna Noodle Bake, Broccoli, Strawberries
Leftovers from last night, yay!  Tuna Noodle is my boyfriend's favorite meal.  Ok, let's be honest - it's his favorite meal when his mom makes it.  He is always very appreciative when I make it for him, but he's also always clear that it's not the way his mom makes it.  (So, I asked his mom.  She says she's never made it the same way twice.  I'm assuming, then, that his preference is purely nostalgia and has nothing to do with the actual casserole).

Anyway, I grew up eating it, too, so I make it from time to time.  It is cheap to make, and consists almost entirely of pantry staples.  And last night, that was the kind of meal I needed!  I had the leftovers today with some steamed broccoli and fresh strawberries, and it was very nice. 

Tuna Noodle Bake

2 four ounce cans tuna, in water, drained
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
10 ounces milk
16 ounces of pasta, any kind (This is a great way to get rid of leftover bits of dried pasta in your pantry)
1 can green peas, drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter

Cook pasta according to directions; when al dente, drain water.  Add in tuna, soup, milk, and peas; mix well.  Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.  Top with cheese  In a small, nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Stir in  breadcrumbs until they have absorbed the butter and become clumpy.  Sprinkle over the cheese layer.  Bake casserole uncovered at 350F for 30 minutes.  Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment