Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 96 - Chicken with Lemon Caper Sauce

Lemon Caper Chicken, Ditalini pasta, broccoli, clementine

Ok, friends, you're going to want to use this recipe.  Leftovers from last night are ridiculously good - we've got pan fried chicken with a lemon caper sauce, ditalini pasta, broccoli, and a clementine.

Yes, the only produce I have in my fridge right now are clementines and broccoli.  I'm ok with it.

Anyway, I'm giving you the recipe for the lemon caper sauce.  It's beyond good...I could just eat it over bread.  But I won't, because I hear that's bad for you.

Chicken Lemon Caper Sauce.

Cooked chicken drippings
2/3 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup white wine
3 T capers
2 T butter
2 teaspoons flour
juice of 1/2 lemon

Cook chicken in pan however you desire (I lightly breaded and pan fried it in olive oil).  Remove chicken and keep warm.  Pour in stock, wine, butter, lemon juice, and flour to pan.  Heat on high, scraping up brown bits form the pan as you cook.  Bring to a boil for 1 minute and reduce heat to low.  Stir in capers and blend until smooth and heated through.  Drizzle over chicken and pasta of choice.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment