Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 178 - Aren't Salads Easy to Make?


Spinach Salad, Orange Sections, Toasted Pita Bread

Alright, friends, due to some unexpected rearranging of my week, today for lunch I just packed a regular, boring salad.

Who am I kidding, and good spinach salad is never boring!

Spinach, dried cranberries, almonds, and a delicious raspberry vinaigrette.  Added some orange sections and toasted pita for crunch, and I was good to go.  Going to be honest, I'm a little worried there's not enough protein in here (which usually leads me toward the vending machines around 3:00 - eek!), so if you decide to make this lunch then you should add some chicken!  Or, more nuts, or shrimp, or even a little beef, or some grilled tofu with a raspberry drizzle.  Yes.... Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Where did you find that little serving size vinaigrette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my grocery stores actually sells them with the regular sized dressing in the produce section. I've seen a number of salad bars at grocery stores sell them individually, as well. They're expensive - like, 30 cents a piece, which I think is ridiculous. But sometimes, I just pay for convenience!

      Delete