Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 167 - Cajun Pasta

Cajun Pasta, Strawberries, Dried Pineapple.


I had no idea what to cook for dinner last night.  NO idea.  I normally plan my menu in detail, but I just wasn't on my game last night.  But then I remembered this Cajun Pasta recipe that I found on Pinterest, and realized that I had the ingredients at home to make an altered version.  It was SO good.  Creamy, zesty, and still a little light.  Of course, like any pasta, it was less good heated up for lunch, but still quite tasty.  I'd definitely make this again, even for some company.  The leftovers today were packed with some strawberries and dried pineapple, which made a very nice lunch.

Feel free, when making this pasta, to play up or down the spice factor!

Cajun Pasta

8 oz egg noodles, cooked
1-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
12 oz frozen onion and pepper blend (also called fajita mix)
1 cup white wine
1/3 cup 2% milk
4 oz fat free cream cheese
2 t. Cajun or Creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's), divided
2 t. chicken bouillon
1 T olive oil
1 T minced garlic

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.  Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, and place into pan when hot.  Cook until chicken is lightly browned and cooked all the way through, sprinkling with 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning as you cook.  Remove chicken and place in a separate container.  Place frozen onions and peppers into pan, cooking until they are slightly soft, around 7 minutes.  You  may add more oil, as desired.  Stir in minced garlic and saute for another minute.  Pour in wine and bouillon, making sure to scrape up any drippings or brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.  Stir in cream cheese and remaining seasoning, stirring until cream cheese has melted.  Add in milk, chicken, and pasta.  Cook until heated through and sauce has thickened; serve hot. 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment